Most of the forteclean use a solvent called perc that is known to cause serious health problems if inhaled. Even minor exposures to perc can cause dizziness, headaches and nausea. A prolonged exposure to this chemical, can cause damage to the kidneys as well as the lungs. When released in the air, the solvent pollutes the air and can also cause underground water contamination.
Keeping the mind the harmful effects of perc, a number of green dry cleaners have sprung up which claim to use environmental friendly ingredients. Therefore, for curtains that cannot be washed at home, choose a dry cleaner that uses environmental friendly solvents for cleaning curtains.
Here are the basic differences between green dry cleaners and other dry cleaners:
• Green dry cleaners use natural materials from renewable resources and refrain from usage of petrochemicals.
• They do not use any harsh chemicals that can cause allergic reactions to your skin.
• The green technique is offered at the same cost as other techniques that make use of harmful solvents.
• Since they use natural materials, your curtains will stay safe from any damage.
• Even after repeated washing or cleaning, your curtains will remain vibrant.
• This environmental technique is best for cleaning curtains that are delicate since it uses natural ingredients.
• After dry cleaning curtains, the strong smell that otherwise comes from traditional methods would not come from this eco-friendly method.
• A new technique known as the CO2 cleaning technique uses high pressure liquid CO2 as a cleaning agent. Moreover, this CO2 comes from existing industrial emissions and is also reported to have no harmful effects on the environment.
Dry cleaning that is environmental friendly does not only mean using solvents that are harmless but it also means to pack and deliver your curtains in an environmental friendly manner. A few considerations that are taken by companies that use the green technique are listed below
• Plastic bags that are found at most of the cleaning shops cause great harm to the environment. An environmental friendly technique uses paper bags instead. Moreover, these paper bags are made from recycled materials.
• Usually we never think about the wire hangers that are given at the laundry shops. They are also harmful to the environment. Therefore, it is better to take your own hangers to the shop to make the entire process 100 percent environmental friendly.
• Dry cleaners also use vehicles that run on bio fuels to make their services friendly to the environment in every sense.